This project serves both as a glimpse of what it means to practice medicine in America in 2018 and as a commitment to future generations of physicians.
Let’s paint a clear picture of what we want for tomorrow's doctors and start implementing positive changes now.
This is the goal of the Dear Future Doctors project. Through letters to physicians of the future, we can lay bare our hopes for them, pass along our knowledge, and make a commitment to improve the lives of medical professionals.
Write a letter to future physicians. What do you want them to know? Let’s clarify our hopes for the future of medicine. Let’s work to turn those hopes into realities.
Send your letter through the form below and we’ll include it in our Dear Future Doctors online archive.
A FEW PROMPTS TO CONSIDER:
• What do you hope the practice of medicine to be like for physicians 50 years from now?
• What are the realities of practicing medicine in America in 2018?
• What moments have inspired you? What moments have been your most challenging? What moves you?
• What are you committing to today to make the practice of medicine better and more sustainable for physicians in the future?
• What led you to medicine?
• What words of wisdom, truth, and encouragement do you have for the doctors of tomorrow?
• What is your life like as a physician in 2018?